To reduce development time and production costs, to accomplish an optimal market entry and to increase product quality and durability are the main challenges which aerospace, tool and automotive industries are facing today. Global players as well as small and medium-sized companies increasingly meet these challenges by integrating additive manufacturing technologies in their production process chains. The range of application of additive technologies is constantly widening, allowing to economically manufacture components with complex geometries in small to medium production batch sizes. This inhouse training gives you an introduction to the latest innovations in additive manufacturing and illustrates how additive manufacturing technologies can replace or reduce tool-intensive processes. As a research service provider in the field of production technology, we not only focus on the additive manufacturing step itself, but instead consider it as an integral part of a complete production chain. In oral presentations as well as live demonstrations in our test field, we will show you how all upstream and downstream processes should interlock in order to successfully integrate additive technologies in your company.
- Market and trends in additive manufacturing
- Basics of additive production and potentials for future applications
- Constructive features for additive production
- Properties of additive components made of metals and plastics
- Quality assurance procedures for robust additive processes
- Key Performance Indicators and failure prediction for Selective Laser